Moms have many responsibilities everyday. Depending on your children’s ages; you might have to virtually do everything from dressing and feeding the kids to bringing them back from school and helping with home work.
With all these responsibilities, there is little or no time for YOU even though self-care is important to your well being. Below are a few tips on how you can take time from your busy schedule and care for yourself.
- Always practice self care during lunch time: Research shows that when you leave work during lunch time, you get rejuvenated and ready to explore and accomplish more goals for the afternoon. Your lunch hour can be used to take a walk, exercise, shop, get a manicure and pedicure etc..
- Always structure your evenings: It is important to structure your evenings. Set time to do what you love. For instance, between 7pm to 8pm, is family time; eat dinner, watch a show, etc.
After putting the kids to bed, spend one or two hours on yourself or husband. This may be simply talking together as husband and wife or cuddling on the couch.
- Always track your time: it is essential to track your time as this will help you to see how your time is spent and where it’s being wasted. Take a piece of paper and write down your day-to-day activities for a week. Also, include washing the dishes, taking a shower, etc.
After one week, ask yourself these questions and be ready to have answers to them.
- What tasks are non-negotiable, task such as taking the kids to school?
- What time was wasted?
- Do I do too many things?
- Can I ask for assistance or hire help?
- Did I take time out for myself and how much time?
- How did I feel during the week?
Answering these questions will get you on the right track and keep you aware of the need for self care.
List three things you can accomplish during your evenings and make sure you accomplish one. Lastly, think of one chore you can stop doing for one night and use the time to focus on yourself.
What chore did you think of? What will you do for yourself instead? Share in the comments below!